This non-exempt position has progressive responsibility for supporting the Production Department. In this role, he/she has designated responsibilities based on proven experience and designated work assignments. He/she has basic responsibilities to fulfill assigned demands as set forth by the Production Supervisor as appointed by the Production Manager. He/she is responsible for completing production related activities while achieving or exceeding the quality, safety, production, and continuous improvement goals. He/she is responsible for work safety and good manufacturing practices.
Principal Accountabilities/Main functions
- Uphold and follow company safety, environmental and quality standards and procedures.
- Inform leadership/management about all incidents, accidents, and near misses within 24 hours after the incident occurs.
- Separate, clearly mark, and communicate defective material or material that is not properly labeled, identifiable, or does not fulfill other quality requirements.
- Clearly communicate all necessary information (e.g., safety, quality, machine settings, and experiences difficulties) to next shift.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment, shop floor, and plant.
- Work in a group concept; self-motivated; and able and willing to work cross-functionally.
- Take the initiative, respond immediately to problems, and take a proactive approach.
- Be honest, reliable, embrace diversity, be transparent, be team oriented.
- Be accountable for your actions, be positive, and recognize the impact of your behavior.
- Know and follow all laws, rules, and policies that apply to one’s job and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in compliance programs and or related activities as denoted by supervisor or manager.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Production Operator I
- Proven ability to operate 1 qualifying converting workstations and or 1 mixing and or 1 coating machine.
- Proven ability to accurately complete paperwork and enter data as required.
- Proven ability to carry out production tasks, inspection, and appropriate operations.
- Proven ability to effectively monitor and communicate equipment errors.
- Proven ability to communicate across shifts.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and present challenges to leadership.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, while being able to make sound decisions.
- Complete reports and correspondence.
- Read and understand work orders to determine production specifications for assigned shift.
- Follow established formulas and SOPs for preparing batches of material for mixers.
- Identify issues and take actions to resolve.
- When in doubt of mechanical, quality or safety, stop and ask shift supervisor for assistance.
- Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
- Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
- Physical and mental ability to work 40+ hours per week and stand 8 hours per shift.
- Able to lift frequently a minimum of 55 pounds and, potentially, pass a physical examination.
- High school diploma or GED, preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate, as well as perform basic math and basic computer knowledge.