The job holder establishes significant relationships with customers, partners, key-decision makers and other industry leaders e.g. associations, to promote tesa products and services. The BDM-Connected Interior thereby generates new CRM projects and brings those ideas and projects into the tesa organization.
For his/her projects the BDM- Connected Interior evaluates – jointly with the technical functions of tesa – if existing products can fulfill the requirements or if new developments are needed. Together with the Market Segment Manager and the Application Solution Engineer she/he ensures that Product Developments are started based on customer needs.
He/she will run and lead their own CRM projects and support the Development projects. In this role the BDM-Connected Interior also steers pricing and product positioning.
The job holder is responsible for the development and implementation of the BU Automotive strategy for the defined focus field and to meet customers` needs.
Once first projects and sales have been established the BDM- Connected Interior transfers his/her responsibility into the regular sales force. If an account has a significant growth potential and global scale (>5M$ PNS/cross regionally) this new account could become a Key Account; otherwise the regional sales organization via Sales Representatives or Regional Key Account Managers will take over the accounts and future projects. The BDM-Connected Interior will support the transfer of projects and relationships and continue to advise if needed for a limited timeframe.
- Four year college degree in engineering or technical field highly preferred. Will consider a degree in business administration – or higher degree.
- 5 Years of working experience in sales, business development or application solution engineering (technical customer service) in the auto industry.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with ability to influence complex organizational structures.
- Strong analytical skills / creative problem solving capabilities. Ability to navigate complex business negotiations and develop contracts/supply agreements.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license, passport, and physical ability to drive for lengthy periods.
- Skilled and proficient in use of computers to include but not limited to Microsoft products-Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint-as well as ability to use Customer Relationship Management software programs.
- Ability and willingness to adapt own work schedule to satisfy customer needs. Must be available for air/auto travel up to 50% of the time.