The Product Manager role is responsible for effectively driving development and market share gains of the Business Unit Industrial Trade & Converting product offering in North America. Working in tandem with product development, business unit product managers, production, supply chain, sales teams together with partners and industry decision makers, the position is responsible for actively managing existing and leading the development of new locally produced products, market pricing, cost and quality developments and ensuring competitive product range(s) are available for sale in the region. The position is responsible for supporting the creation of marketing content to develop competitive product assortments, including market segment plans to increase market share in targeted industry segments.
What you will do:
- Product portfolio analysis including pruning and price positioning aligned with the BU global pricing policy set of the products under their responsibility.
- Strategic new product conception and development, in conjunction with sales, R&D, manufacturing and customers. Close collaboration with relevant stakeholders throughout the product development process is expected with subsequent ownership of the product development cycle.
- Analysis and understanding of key competitive product assortment attributes, with advantages and disadvantages documented and benchmarked on a regular basis.
- Assortment responsibilities include total cost management in collaboration with (R&D/tSN/tPN/QM). He or she needs to steer activities such as raw material changes, relocation of production and other measures with the target to continuously lower the ICP, improve quality, smoothly ramp up new products, etc.
- Engage with customers to share product expertise/training, understand competition, and have a concise understanding of customers' needs and manufacturing processes. Become a trusted expert and resource in your product fields, especially in the strategically critical field of sustainability.
- Align with all relevant marketing functions to help promote product assortment marketing content, in addition to comprehensive product launch preparation and reviews with relevant stakeholders. Promotion of products will also include delivery of market segment packages for the sales team (eg: Transportation, Marine, Packaging).
- The holder of this position builds up knowledge about market trends, product design and manufacturing methods, and competition.
What you will need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with Business Major or Engineering (MBA preferred)
- Initial work experience (3 years+) in marketing, engineering, or manufacturing related to product or market management
- Analytical and process-oriented thinking and systematic approach. High technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills and ability work effectively in cross functional teams
- Must be available for auto/air travel of approximately 30% of the time.
- Fluent in English, German or Spanish is a plus
- Excellent computer skills including entire Microsoft Suite, strong emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel, ERP systems (such as SAP, SAPB1, Oracle)
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled