The Production Group Leader has full responsibility for a specific group of production lines, including the operators and KPIs across all 3 shifts. Leads a team(s) of up to 25 hourly employees in achieving or exceeding the quality, safety, production, and continuous improvement goals. He/she is responsible for work safety and good manufacturing practices in terms of quality and cost. The job holder is responsible for process optimization and a close cooperation with Process Development, Maintenance and Materials Management.
- Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable federal, state and local laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Responsible to initiate efficiency increase and waste reduction programs, based on gap analysis and Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Responsible to partner with Process Engineering and Maintenance to achieve machine optimization.
- Is responsible together with Maintenance to keep the equipment within a high technical availability.
- Responsible for maintaining a 6S environment.
- Responsible for scheduling, maintaining and approving employees’ work hours in payroll system.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delays. Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) at all times.
- Enforces all legal, plant and company rules with special emphasis on safety, quality and environmental rules, addressing nonconforming situations with corrective action.
- Benchmarking with other tesa plants or companies outside of tesa, so ensure state of the art technology and processes
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in engineering or production leadership.
- Strong leadership skills in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent communication, conflict management, decision-making, motivational and organizational skills required.
- Strong self-confidence and leadership skills required.
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Well-developed influence management skills
- Experienced in conflict resolution
- Prioritizes work based on short and long term objectives
- Successfully analyzes and presents data to multiple levels of the organization
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, while being able to make sound decisions.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Flexibility to work all shifts when needed to cover for other supervisors
- Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
- Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
- Physical and mental ability to work 40+ hours per week and stand 8 hours per shift.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled