Welcome to tesa. We create adhesive solutions that improve the work, products and lives of our customers. In our domestic market, we are known by 98% of the people. Innovations and new technologies are the core of our success. Not only in homes and offices, but also in smartphones, displays, cars, airplanes or roof-mounted photovoltaic systems: One of tesa’s 7.000 products is probably sticking somewhere around you, often unnoticed, in a wide range of daily applications. tesa holds the world together. We are present in 42 countries with around 5.000 employees, operate 14 plants, production facilities and large technology centers in Europe, Asia and North America. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Beiersdorf AG, we are part of a group with a long tradition, strong values and a good corporate culture.
As an expert of the Process Engineering team you will be responsible for adhesive manufacturing processes on pilot and production scale based on extrusion technology. Our adhesive tape developments based on hotmelt adhesives will depend on your expertise when it comes to suitable production concepts including compounding and coating. You will develop these processes and technologies further and work closely with the machine operators providing an hands-on mentality. Additionally, first experiences with physical systems e.g. Corona-Pretreatment, Electro-beam and UV irradiation and in-process controls would be beneficial.
- Development of machine layouts and production concepts, implementation and evaluation on pilot scale and transfer to production scale
- Structured know-how build-up and tesa internal dissemination within own technology field. Coordination of and participation in internal and external cooperations (e.g. with institutes)
- IP management: competitor monitoring, participation in patent field teams, creation of own IP, ensuring FTO for new developments
- Master Degree in engineering or science with minimum 5 years working experience
- Proven technical competence and analytical skills supported by a deep creative spirit and troubleshooting skills
- Team player looking forward to join multi-national teams and driving open communication and having fun to establish strong networks via trusty relationships tesa internally and with relevant industrial partners and academia
- Self-motivated and with willingness to always challenge yourself and current status, eager to learn and to share know-how, excellent documentation skills
- Willingness to shape one's technology field, to convince peers and stakeholders; ability to prevail even against opposition.
- Project management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks / projects and manage priorities accordingly
- Fluent in English and German, proficient in MS Office applications, simulation software (Ansys), CAD and SAP/R3