tesa tape is a leading manufacturer of pressure-sensitive adhesives serving the paper and print, appliance, automotive, building supply, electronics, and transportation industries, among others. We have over 7,000 self-adhesive products and 5,000 employees worldwide. We hold the original tape patent and create about 100 new innovations per year. In summary, We hold the world together. This position is located onsite in Sparta, Michigan, USA.
The International Product Manager, Air & Waterproofing Systems position is the execution of international marketing and sales strategies as well as their implementation into all marketing and sales activities, which are related to the markets, products, customers, and customer groups of the area of responsibility. The position serves as an interface between Functional Coatings and its global customers as well as the roles within the tesa in all questions regarding the markets, product, costumers and costumer groups of the area of responsibility.
What you will do:
- Strategic Planning Executes the development, coordination and implementation of international marketing strategies for new and existing products or product groups. Performs the operational advancement of the product portfolio through development of new products.
- Product / Market Executes the positioning and pricing of the product portfolios and the development of new products from the stage of identification of an idea, to the product development, to market launch and further marketing activities in the first years after the launch. Develops, plans and monitors the business plan for the product or market segment. Executes market and competition studies with the objective of opening up new applications and market segments on the basis of new or existing products and develops international communication concepts and materials. Another task area includes the initiation, development, management and implementation of international launch projects and the arrangement of market activities in close cooperation with sales and regions. Executes marketing activities such as training or customer events.
- Controlling Monitors global business development for the attributed application groups. Executes performance review (sales, profitability, market development) and the initiation and implementation of controlling procedures.
- Knowledge (Transfer) Builds up extensive knowledge about the tape market, including related technologies and knowledge about the competition. An additional task is seeking for customer contact in cooperation with the international sales organization and understanding for the needs of the entire value chain of the attributed modules.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business administration, marketing or engineering or completed commercial or technical apprenticeship
- As a graduate at least five years of relevant work experience (B2B marketing or sales for complex technical products) or at least five years of work experience, including three years experience in sales and/or marketing (at least 6 months completed internships within the field of product- or market management, research and development or sales at tesa)
- As a non-graduate perennial relevant work experience, including product management B2B
- Ideally international experiences
- Fluent in English
- Ideally fluent in local language and additional foreign languages
- Good IT skills and knowledge in project management
- High self-motivation, assertiveness, team spirit and very good communications skills
- Analytical as well as process-orientated thinking and systematic approach by dealing with highly complex issues
- Strategic planned, conceptual capabilities, international mindset
- Experience in the management of thematic and international work groups
- Experience in maintaining customer contact in cooperation with the sales organization
- Experience as an interface for overlapping inquiries of the regions and in internal coordination of all integrated functions, e.g. sales, supply chain, purchasing, production, R&D
- It is a prerequisite that the IPM is available to go on business trips summing up to at least 4 weeks a year. The availability for going on business trips lasting one week at least at a time has to be guaranteed.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled