The Finance & Controlling Manager formulates and implement the overall financial and IT systems, in support of the company's business objectives in the areas of: Risk Management, Business Planning & Forecasting, Business Process Reengineering, Controlling & Analysis, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Tax, Treasury, Investment Appraisal & CapEx Management, Internal & External Audit, Compliance and Legal Management, IT Infrastructure and Application Support, IT Security, etc.
He/She supports the execution of tesa financial strategy, including adherence to financial procedures and annual/mid-term planning. In addition, he/she provides the necessary financial information & analysis to support proper management decisions.
The incumbent leads, manages and motivates the team personnel in his/her sphere of functional responsibility as well as their personal development including but not limited to target setting, coaching, personnel interview and appraisal, succession- and deputy planning, and personnel development in co-operation with his/her manager and Human Resources. He/she is involved in all issues concerning personnel policy and decisions in his/her area of responsibility. He/she ensures the transfer of the tesa/BDF management approach as well as functional know-how to the local team.
Legal / Governance / Compliance / Controls
- Ensure compliance with company’s policies / procedures and relevant laws / GAAP / statutory requirements
- Review and ensure internal controls are in place and working effectively – conduct reviews using Risk Control Matrix
- Ensure necessary documentation and records in place
- Oversee, liaise and manage the internal and external audit process
- Assumes Chief Accountant Role
- Ensures the correctness of financial and cost accounting activities.
- Responsible for a reliable, safe and efficient bookkeeping process.
- Supervises the timely preparation and submission of reports according to local statutory requirements and IFRS standards.
Controlling / Budgeting / Costs Control / Business Partnering
- Responsible for the annual budgeting, forecasting and reporting process in accordance with tesa rules and guidelines
- Responsible for management reports, ICP calculations and any plant related controlling topics including but not limited to feasibility analysis on new product opportunities, ICP quotation for new products and product transfers
- Ensures financial transparency & efficiency as basis for all major company decisions and activities.
- Business partnering: Gives advice to improve efficiency and profitability of the company. Monitoring of budgets and advising the financial implications of company’s activities.
- Lead and coordinate the investment approval process for the plant, working with the respective functions on the investment requirements and ensure compliance with tesa approval process
- Evaluation of investment appraisal through project profitability calculation and budget control
- Ensure tax compliance with relevant group policies / procedures and local statutory requirements/filings
- Interface point with tax advisors and Corporate / Regional / Local affiliates
- Review and Manage transfer pricing issues, including but not limited to Management Fees, Royalties, ICPs and chargebacks
- Review and identify tax optimization opportunities, recommend and implement ideas / measures to optimize tax, including availing to tax incentives where possible
- Supervises the proper planning and monitoring of cash inflow & outflow, secures proper cash position of the company, and manages liquid funds efficiently.
- Manages the exchange rate risk position of the company and recommend / enter into appropriate hedges as required
- Ensures proper relationships with national and multinational banks, negotiates and monitors terms and conditions and ensure sufficient credit facilities in place
- Ensure compliance with ACM and Corporate Treasury / Hedging / Dividend guidelines and Corporate Reporting (TIS) requirements
- Be the interface with Asia Pacific region and Corporate Treasury on treasury related matters
- Identify and evaluate the risk exposure of the company appropriately
- Execute adequate and proper mitigating actions including ensuring adequate provisions / controls / governance is in place
IT Systems / Process Owner
- Responsible to provide the company with efficient, user-friendly, reliable and secured IT infrastructure, computer systems, applications and services.
- Process Owner for finance and accounting processes / procedures for region
- Review, identify areas of harmonization and optimization for existing processes
Ad hoc Projects: Support and work with on Special projects/initiatives as and when required
- A recognized Degree in Accountancy / Certified Public Accountant / Chartered Accountant, or equivalent professional qualification
- Qualified to be Chief Accountant
- At least 10 years relevant experience including more than 3 years in managerial / direct leadership responsibilities
- ERP knowledge and experiences required, SAP exposure preferred
- Strong in Microsoft Office Application, particularly MS Excel
- Fluent English
Personal characteristics & behaviour
- Strong process and conceptual skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good sense of business acumen and business partnering
- Resourcefulness and ability to work in matrix structure
- Ability to work with tight timelines and challenges
- Hands on and willing to deal with details
- Communication and interpersonal Skills,
- Team player
- Leadership and management skills, strategic thinking
- Attractive salary and bonus (13th month fixed bonus and variable bonus)
- Annual health check-up and premium healthcare
- Annual leave entitlement: 20 days per year, one more day each additional year until maximum 28 days per year
- Great working environment which promotes people values and sustainability.
- Opportunities for self-development and career advancement
Please submit your CV to employment.tSH@tesa.com. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.