The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is an integral part of both the technical team and the Global Key Account Management (GKAM) team. The Electronics TSE function acts as the link between the larger GKAM team, R&D and Marketing globally to ensure accurate communication in complicated application test scenarios and efficient roll out of technically advanced products both internally within the larger GKAM team in the US and at the customer. The primary objective is to translate and communicate technical (complex) information from the customer side into the tesa organization (R&D, PM, CSC) and vice versa – either through GKAM or direct.
What you will do:
- Technically support the preparation of business cases for new product developments.
- Analyze GKA’s technical needs and develop proposals outlining how tesa’s products and services can meet these needs and be integrated and implemented with the GKA’s existing systems and equipment. Support application tests and be the link between greater GKAM team and the labs when needed.
- Develop and deliver sales communication to complex technical questions regarding applications and tesa products. Examples of this can be seminars, trainings, Lunch & Learn sessions and road shows.
- Respond to complex customer questions and troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve technical problems in cooperation with Customer Solution Center (CSC) and R&D that arise during or after implementation.
- Influence test procedures and methods at GKA or value chain to achieve effective/meaningful answers.
What you will need:
- University degree in a technical field, such as Chemistry or Engineering, is required.
- High result orientation and capability to manage complex projects and communication needs independently.
- Min. 3-years’ experience in mechanical engineering and practical experiences in co-operating with commercial / technical functions of customers or suppliers.
- Willingness to travel on the job domestically and internationally.
- Positive attitude towards pro-active communication and networking.
- High level of presentation and communication skills in front of demanding audiences.
- Intercultural competence and experience.
- Good English language skills are needed.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled