The Global Key Account Manager (GKAM)- Electrical Systems is responsible for achieving sales and profitability targets by ensuring a sustained global sales project account pipeline, delivering innovation via a customer co-creation strategy and developing a long-term global strategic partnership through close collaboration with assigned Regional Key Account Managers (RKAM). For that reason, the GKAM develops and implements appropriate strategies.
- Ensure strategic development of the Global Key Accounts. For this purpose a global account plan is developed in close cooperation with Regions and Business Units. The implementation is led by the GKAM. The GKAM is also responsible for the communication and execution of the GKA plan to all involved functions.
- Ensure a solid tesa network within the Global Key Account in order to maintain access to market trends, identify sales opportunities and build relationships. Therefore the contact to relevant decision makers is maintained. This should also drive idea generation for product developments which the GKAM drives together with PD and Marketing.
- Coordination of global CAS/CRM projects. The task is to track, prioritize and coordinate projects, steer them across all involved functions as one team, identify key decision makers and look after a timely implementation.
- Ensure profitability, sales performance, achievement of business targets and development of the key account. Therefore, the GKAM works in close cooperation with BU and Regions, carries out necessary measures to close possible gaps and manages the sales pipeline.
- Contribute to a good supply of information to all relevant stakeholders in order to improve the Marketing Mix. The GKAM utilizes the relevant global and regional resources (PD, Regional Sales Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, and CSC engineering) to deliver solutions to meet the customers’ needs and timeline.
- Carry out key account tasks for the assigned customer. The GKAM is the sole global owner of the Key Account for tesa. The GKAM leads the negotiation process, monitoring complaint handling and addressing major quality issues, is accountable for lead generation, positioning of tesa and building relationships of trust. These tasks can be partly delegated to the Regional Key Account Sales Teams.
- Carry out global competitive analysis in order to identify new opportunities for tesa.
- Travel Expectation: The position requires face to face customer interaction /relationship building as well as coaching and supporting of involved sales functions. To achieve this, travel is required upon the needs of the business.
Business Unit (BU) Specific Responsibilities - Electrical Systems:
- Achieve global customer sales and profitability targets as measured by global BU ROS impact.
- Coordinate global price negotiation strategy and monitor corridor pricing discipline among regional sales teams.
- Deliver innovation via a common customer focused co-creation process across regions.
- Align a global value-based sales approach that balances pricing, innovation, VAVE initiatives and mix improvement as tracked by a global savings roadmap.
- Develop a long-term strategy partnership on a global level.
- Educational qualifications: Bachelor or Master Degree in Natural Sciences, Engineering or Business Administration – or higher degree
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in sales, business development or other commercial customer responsible role with an international scope, experience in technical area is beneficial
- Industry knowledge
- people management experience preferred
- Fluency in both speaking and writing English
- Fluent in a second language is preferred
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to successfully lead others without direct reporting lines
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled