PDF – 35.1 kB
tesa® 53988 Soft PVC Insulation Tape, certified according to IEC 60454-3-1 / 5 Norm
Product descriptionThe electric insulation tape tesa® 53988 is a reliable helper for electricians, mechanics and other handymen. It is characterized by its relatively thick base material, a high degree of flexibility and a very good adhesive performance (even on steel and at low temperatures). The PVC insulation tape is not only suited for insulating and marking wires but also for repairs and bundling. Since it is available in many colors – red, blue, brown, black, white, gray, green, yellow and yellow-green –, it can also be used as a marking adhesive tape. tesaflex® 53988 is certified according to all relevant standards and can be used easily.
- Certified according to IEC 60454-3-1 (VDE, IMQ, SEMKO), VOC-certified, RoHS 2.0 and REACH conform
- High dielectric breakdown voltage (7,000 V)
- Heat-resistant up to +90°C
- tesa® 53988 is ideally suited for electrical applications, e.g. insulating or marking wires
- The electric insulation tape can also be used for repairs and bundling
- Available in multiple colors, tesa® 53988 is suitable for marking and color-coding
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to steel
Dielectric breakdown voltage
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.