PDF – 41.1 kB
Product descriptiontesa® Low Temperature Cross-linkable (LTC) 58662 is a reactive mounting tape activated at moderate temperatures. This black double-sided tape has no backing. It is protected by a PE coated paper liner.
tesa® LTC 58662 is free of halogen and compliant with current RoHS directive.
At room temperature tesa® LTC 58662 is not tacky. It is activated by moderate heat and pressure applied during the assembly process.
- Extremely high bonding performance and reliability, even on thin design gaps
- Activated at low temperature and pressure
- Excellent shock resistance
- Chemical resistant
- Strong reliability performance especially on metals
- Very low oozing ratio
Main applicationstesa® LTC is especially recommended for structural bonding of various substrates inside electronic devices:
- Structural bonding of metals
- Mounting of sensitive electronic components
Type of adhesive
Bonding strength (push-out)
Type of liner
Additional InfoTechnical recommendations:
tesa® LTC is not self-adhesive. It is activated by heat and pressure over a certain interval. The following values are recommendations for bond line parameters to start with.
During pre-lamination, laminate the adhesive tape onto the first component. Setting:
- Temperature¹ 50-60 °C
- Pressure² 1-5 bar
- Time 5 – 20 s
Short-time exposure to 60°C bond line temperature during pre-lamination does not impact final bonding potential.
Remove the liner from tape after the pre-lamination step. Position the second component. Apply temperature and pressure for the bonding time to reach sufficient bonding strength. Setting:
- Temperature¹ 75 – 110 °C
- Pressure² 3 – 10 bar
- Time 10 – 480 s
Bonding strength values were obtained under standard laboratory conditions (Material: PC/PC; bonding conditions: temperature = 90 °C; pressure = 5 bar; time = 120 sec).
To reach maximum bonding strength, surfaces should be clean and dry. Allow at least 1-2 hours dwell-time after bonding before performance testing. Final bonding strength will be reached after 24 hours.
- tesa recommends storage in original packaging in cool and dry conditions.
- tesa® LTC should not be exposed to more than 35°C at any time before bonding (during transport, storage and converting). Long term storage should remain below 25°C.
- The shelf life is 6 months after production. For the actual shelf life please refer to the best before date on the label in the log roll core.
- More details are available in our transportation guideline.
¹ ‘Pre-lamination’ and ‘Bonding’ temperature refer to the data that is measured in the bond line. ² ‘Pre-lamination’ and ‘Bonding’ pressure refer to the force that is transferred from jig surface directly to the bonding area.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.