PDF – 36.2 kB
Product descriptiontesa® FUSE 45012 is a heat-reactive self-adhesive bonding tape consisting of a specialty adhesive covered with a clear ﬁlmic liner. The product has been designed for bonding metal parts before powder coating. Fast, clean and ﬂexible during assembly, it withstands the typical powder coating process including chemical pretreatments and temperatures up to 220°C. In the oven, it builds a strength of up to 300 N/cm² remaining elastic enough to compensate for thermal elongation.
tesa® FUSE combines process advantages of tape with semi-structural bonding power. It enables metal fabricators to use tape for bonding before powder coating and oﬀers advantages compared to technologies like e.g. welding, liquid adhesives or regular bonding tapes:
- Invisible bonding technology, excellent surface quality
- Freedom to combine diﬀerent metal types
- Eﬃcient assembly and material workﬂow
- Durable, semi-structural metal bonding for e.g. metal trims, proﬁles, frames, panels or attachment parts
- Exclusively for metal modules, that will be powder coated after bonding
- Suitable for aluminum, steel or a combination of both
Shelf life time < 25°C
Type of adhesive
Type of liner
Color of liner
Static shear resistance at 23°C
Resistance to chemicals
Static shear resistance at 70°C
Temperature resistance long term
Temperature resistance short term
- Before use please read the material safety data sheet and the speciﬁc application guideline.
- Average product properties according to tesa test methods and after curing at 200 °C for 30 minutes.
- Storage and shelf life: 12 months from production date when stored at 10 °C - 30 °C.
- Open time: Rolls are single packed in a sealed pouch. After opening use the roll within 7 days. Keep the remaining roll in the original pouch and reseal it with e.g. a carton sealing tape.
- Curing requirement: The product is self-adhesive. The curing mechanism is triggered by temperature and requires a temperature of ≥180 °C for 30 minutes.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.