PDF – 37.4 kB
tesa® 54657 Low VOC
Precision die cuts for permanent automotive hole covering applications with high temperature resistance
Product descriptiontesa® 54657 combines a flexible premium cloth layer with a temperature resistant natural rubber adhesive. This product is optimized for the automotive industry to securely cover holes that require excellent sealing properties in combination with very good conformability and temperature resistance.
- Excellent temperature resistance up to 180°C
- Superb conformability to complex geometries
- Low VOC according to VDA 278 analysis
- Secure adhesion to almost any substrates
- Good paint and UBC (PVC) compatibility
- Good resistance to chemicals
- Good mechanical properties with respect to abrasion, puncture, and aging resistance
Main applicationstesa® 54657 is suitable for different hole covering applications along the automotive production process.
Example applications are:
- After e-coat where a good compatibility to UBC (PVC) and sealant is required, e.g. car body platform, wheel houses, engine compartment
- Before paint shop where good paint compatibility is essential
- At the assembly line for interior hole covering on all car body areas, e.g. pillars, rocker, front/rear floor
To ensure the highest performance possible, our aim is to fully understand your application (including the substrates involved) in order to provide the right product recommendation.
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
thermosetting natural rubber
Temperature resistance (30 min)
Type of liner
UBC / Paint Compatibility
Resistance to chemicals
Additional Infotesa® 54657 is available upon request in customer specific dimensions and can be delivered according to customer requirements and applications in either roll or sheet form.
tesa’s automation and application solution department provides customized equipment and self-designed application tools to enhance productivity.
According to VDA 278 analysis, tesa® 54657 does not contain any single substances restricted by the drafted GB regulations (China) as well as the indoor concentration guideline by JAMA (Japanese Automotive Manufacturers Association and the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry (MHLW).
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.