PDF – 38.3 kB
tesa® 54336 Interior Performance Sealer
tesa® High Performance Sealer for permanent automotive interior hole covering applications
Product descriptiontesa® 54336 Interior Performance Sealer is a strong PET with an extra thick acrylic adhesive layer. This product is optimized for the automotive industry to securely cover interior holes that require good paint anchorage and perfect sealing in combination with high temperature resistance even under harsh conditions.
- Reliable corrosion protection, e.g. punch burrs will be securely sealed by a 400 µm adhesive layer
- Superb conformability to complex geometries
- Excellent temperature resistance up to 190°C
- Very high puncture resistance
- Excellent optical appearance allows application in visible areas
- Good paint anchorage and UBC (PVC) compatibility
- Very good resistance to chemicals
- Secure adhesion to steel, aluminum, plastics, painted substrates, and reinforced plastic substrates in automotive lightweight constructions, e.g. CFRP
Main applicationstesa® 54336 Interior Performance Sealer is suitable for different hole covering applications along the automotive production process.
Example applications are:
- After e-coat where a good compatibility to UBC (PVC) and sealant is required, e.g. car body platform, wheel houses, engine compartment
- Before paint shop where good paint compatibility is essential
- At the assembly line for interior hole covering on all car body areas, e.g. pillars, rocker, front/rear floor
- Especially suitable for highly visible areas
To ensure the highest performance possible, our aim is to fully understand your application (including the substrates involved) in order to provide the right product recommendation.
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to Steel (initial)
Temperature resistance (30 min)
Type of liner
UBC / Paint Compatibility
Resistance to chemicals
Additional Infotesa® 54336 is available upon request in customer specific dimensions and can be delivered according to customer requirements and applications in either roll or sheet form.
tesa’s automation and application solution department provides customized equipment and self-designed application tools to enhance productivity.
According to VDA 278 analysis, tesa® 54336 does not contain any single substances restricted by the drafted GB regulations (China) as well as the indoor concentration guideline by JAMA (Japanese Automotive Manufacturers Association and the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry (MHLW).
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.