PDF – 34.6 kB
tesa® 50550 Glassguard
Temporary protection film for sensitive surfaces such as automotive glass
Product descriptiontesa® 50550 Glassguard is a highly transparent clear tape designed to protect sensitive surfaces, especially glass, against scratches, holes, and dirt. The tape is easy to unwind and good to apply – even on curved 3-D surfaces. It has a good tack and final adhesion to flat surfaces.
- Highly transparent, nearly invisible surface protection
- Very good protection properties against scratches, dirt etc.
- Traceless removal
- Sharp view through the film material, no restrictions due to reduced vision
- Easy, precise, and fast mounting
- Good conformability and easily applied to 3-D surfaces
- No blow off, e.g. from windshields, at a speed of 160 km/h
- Outdoor/UV resistance for 6 months
Main applicationstesa® 50550 Glassguard is suitable for protection against dirt and scratches during assembly, transport, and storage, e.g. of windshields.
Example applications are:
- Glass areas
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to steel
Resistance to chemicals
Suitable for die cutting
Easy to remove
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.