PDF – 35.5 kB
Product descriptiontesa® 4582 is a single-sided tape for venting applications. It is based on a nonwoven fabric coated with a specific pattern to partly cover the backing. The homogeneous spread of adhesive ensures constant venting performance.
The specific coating structure of tesa® 4582 achieves a very high adhesion level while maintaining good air permeability.
- The high adhesion level achieves a perfect hold on various production circumstances
- The good permeability for air and other gases allows the foam to fill the entire body resulting in an optimal thermal insulation
- The permeability is homogeneously spread for efficient processes and constant foaming results
- Works excellent as a barrier against foams to decrease foam leakage and cleaning effort
- Unwinds gently to avoid curling which makes the handling easier in order to reduce process time
- Comes without a liner to reduce the general waste in production sites
- Easily torn by hand for an increased working efficiency
- Is conformable to shaped structures
- Allows an exchange of moisture and other gases
Main applicationsThe venting tape is used to cover holes during foaming processes in different industries
- Designed for appliances where the foam is used to insulate fridges and freezers, as well as to stabilize the body
- In production of special vehicles such as refrigerator trucks
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to steel
Adhesion to PE (initial)
Adhesion to ABS (initial)
Adhesion to PS (initial)
Low unwinding force
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.