PDF – 40.1 kB
Thermoplastic Heat Activated Film
Solutions for consumer electronics industry
Product descriptiontesa® 8466 is a copolyester based thermoplastic bonding film. This translucent double-sided tape has a non-woven backing. It is protected by a strong glassine liner.
tesa® 8466 is free of halogen and compliant with current RoHS standards.
tesa® 8466 is not tacky at room temperature. It is activated by heat while applying slight pressure.
tesa® 8466 enables strong and reliable bonds between different materials, e.g. PC, ABS, SUS, AL or PMMA.
tesa® 8466 features:
- Reliable bonds between plastic and material surfaces
- High push-out values even on small bonding areas
- Excellent shock & cold shock performance in comparison to standard hot melt adhesives
- Low oozing ratio and excellent process ability due non-woven backing
- Low activation temperature - below 150°C jig temperature
Main applicationstesa® 8466 is especially recommended for bonding of metal components to various plastic or metal surfaces, e.g. SUS or AL to PC, ABS or PMMA:
- Bonding of decorative window frames or front covers of mobile phone housings
- Constructive bonding inside handhelds
Type of adhesive
Type of liner
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.