PDF – 37.7 kB
tesa® ACXplus 70200 Certified Durability
2,00 µm double-sided acrylic foam tape
Product descriptiontesa® ACXplus 70200 is a deep black viscoelastic acrylic foam tape. It consists of a high-performance acrylic core, which compensates different thermal elongation of bonded parts. Due to its unique components, it combines a very good temperature resistance with an outstanding cold shock resistance up to -40°C.
Main applicationstesa® ACXplus 70200 can act as primary bonding system for different Building Envelope components. It is designed to resist wind loads, temperature changes leading to thermal expansion, and continuous transfer of the forces to the substructure over many years. tesa® ACXplus 7200 can outperform conventional fastening methods by optimizing our customers’ production processes and the quality and aesthetics of their products.
The main applications are:
- Bonding carrier profiles to aluminum composite material (ACM)
- Fixing glass to the structural glazing frame
- Mounting reinforcement bars into façade cassette systems
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to Steel (initial)
Adhesion to Aluminium (after 3 days)
Adhesion to Steel (after 3 days)
Adhesion to Glass (after 3 days)
Adhesion to Glass (initial)
Adhesion to Aluminium (initial)
Static shear resistance at 23°C
Resistance to chemicals
Static shear resistance at 70°C
Ageing resistance (UV)
Temperature resistance long term
Temperature resistance short term
- tesa® has developed a structured process on evaluating Building Envelope projects
- tesa® ACXplus 70200 may only be used after detailed examination including individual adhesion tests. A written approval of the corresponding project details is given by tesa®’s structural design laboratory.
- For wind loads (dynamic tensile or shear loads), a design factor of 90kPa is used for tesa® ACXplus 70200. This design factor provides an industry appropriate safety component and was established based on long term material property testing. A dynamic load calculation has to define the minimum tape width for each panel size. This is essential to support the transfer of wind loads to the building structure.
- For the calculation of static loads a design factor of 1.7kPa is used for tesa® ACXplus 70200. This can be translated into 60cm2 of ACXplus 70200 per 1kg weight to support static loads.
- tesa® ACXplus 70200 can compensate the shear movement of such materials caused by thermal elongation and contraction, up to three times its product thickness. The maximum shear strain the tape can compensate is 300%. A calculation must determine if the respective material movement causes less strain on the tape than 300%.
PV 24 = Blue filmic liner
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.