Welcome to tesa. We create adhesive solutions that improve the work, products and lives of our customers. In our domestic market, we are known by 98% of the people. Innovations and new technologies are the core of our success. Not only in homes and offices, but also in smartphones, displays, cars, airplanes or roof-mounted photovoltaic systems: One of tesa’s 7.000 products is probably sticking somewhere around you, often unnoticed, in a wide range of daily applications. tesa holds the world together. We are present in 42 countries with around 5.000 employees, operate 14 plants, production facilities and large technology centers in Europe, Asia and North America. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Beiersdorf AG, we are part of a group with a long tradition, strong values and a good corporate culture.
- Drive a strong consumer focus into the organization and contribute to shape the C&C consumer & market insight function
- Support the successful execution of the new Consumer & Craftsmen growth strategy through advanced consumer & market research initiatives
- Plan & execute research projects “end-to-end” from briefing to management summary & recommendations enabling stakeholders to take insight-driven and evidence-based decisions
- Further develop & continuously enrich a highly flexible tool-box (methods & questionnaire modules) along the complete consumer journey and across the whole product life-cycle for quality, speed & efficiency gains in the research process
- Set-up & maintain a hands-on knowledge-management system which integrates data across different offline & online sources (ad-hoc research, brand tracking, retail panel, social, CRM, media and e-commerce metrics) to build a holistic consumer / shopper understanding and to identify business opportunities
- Establish agile consumer-closeness solutions to drive user centric ideation & validation of new products and solutions
- Broad knowledge of qual and quant methodologies & tools incl. trade panel and basic e-commerce & (social) media analytics.
- Competence to judge innovations in the field of market research & consumer insight generation.
- Ability to plan and execute resarch projects with a focus on business objectives & actionability.
- Ability to interpret research results with a 360° perspective on consumer, brand, market and trends.
- Building good working relationships with internal stakeholders of different departments to drive cross-functional cooperation and information flow.
- Well organized, strong project management skills meeting budgets and ambitious timelines with attention to all executional details.
- Strong data-affinity and ability to structure & condense data from various sources and to visualize the “story-line” in the data in an easy to understand & actionable way.
- Passionate about understanding the “why” behind figures and observations.
- Persistent curiosity to explore new territories, motivated to continuously learn, embrace change and new ways of working.
- Strong sense of making things happen and to turn problems into solutions.
- Several years of professional experience as a CMI manager on the industry side or as senior in a research agency
- Ideally having experience from innovation driven FMCG & non-FMCG categories incl. familiarity with a multi-channel brand environment (retail & e-commerce)
- Practice in collaborative working methods (e.g. scrum, design thinking) is a plus
- Used to handle a “DIY” research platform (e.g. quantilope) is advantageous
- Strong in MS-Office; other software experience is a plus (e.g. data visualization, statistics, analytics, project management)
- Excellent written and spoken English & German