tesa Softprint® 52822 Secure
Foam plate mounting tape designed to avoid plate lift (soft foam for printing screens)
Product descriptiontesa® 52822 Softprint Secure is a double-sided foam tape, designed specifically for print process security in wide-web flexographic printing. The revolutionary adhesive system is extremely solvent resistant, holds the edges, even of thick, photopolymer plates down on minimal diameter sleeves or cylinders. This makes this product the ideal solution for faster printing speeds, longer print jobs and designs that require minimal joins.
The open side adhesive is designed to function on steel and sleeves. The covered side of adhesive is different and very solvent resistant.
The soft foam makes this the ideal solution for printing screens.
- Highly compressible foam, with superior recovery behavior for excellent print quality
- Long lasting recovery characteristic for extended and high speed print runs
- Low thickness tolerances for quick print preparation and reduced waste
- High solvent resistance that allows for in-press plate cleaning
- High bonding to plate to avoid edge lifting or plate movement
- High bonding on open side to steel cylinder or sleeve to avoid plate movement or compound lift
- Ideal bonding power for demounting of plate and tape
- Very cohesive adhesive structure for demounting without adhesive residues
- The structured PP-liner prevents the formation of air pockets when the plate is mounted
- The red color marking indicates the soft foam
Type of adhesive
Type of liner
- Secure (PV1): high bonding on open side to steel cylinder or sleeve
- Secure-X (PV40): higher bonding on open side to steel cylinder or sleeve
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.