tesa Softprint® 52225 Sleeve Master
Foam plate mounting tape (hard) for printing solids & linework
Product descriptiontesa® 52225 Softprint Sleevemaster is a double-coated foam tape, designed specifically for printing solids. The hard and elastic foam makes this the ideal solution for printing solids whilst minimizing pin-holes and at the same time improving the solid area density. The elasticity of the foam also reduces press vibration like bounce, even at higher speeds.
- Highly compressible foam, with superior recovery behavior for excellent print quality
- The hardness enhances the ink transfer allowing better solid area density, less pin-holing whilst preventing press vibration like bounce at the same time.
- Long lasting recovery characteristic for extended and high speed print runs
- Low thickness tolerances for quick print preparation and reduced waste
- Tailored adhesion on open side to sleeve to avoid plate movement
- Sufficient bonding to plate to avoid edge lifting or plate movement
- Non increasing, controlled bonding power for easy repositioning and especially for easy demounting of thinner plates
- Very cohesive adhesive structure for demounting without adhesive residues
- The structured PP-liner prevents the formation of air pockets when plate mounting
- Green color marking indicates the hard foam
Main applicationstesa® 52225 Softprint Steelmaster is a 500µm (20 mil) category double-coated foam tape, designed specifically for mounting thin photopolymer plates of thickness 1.70mm (0.067") or thinner in wide-web film and paper flexographic printing, on machines using mainly sleeves.
Type of adhesive
Type of liner
Additional InfoThe hard foam quality enhances the ink transfer allowing better solid area density, less pin-holing whilst preventing press vibration like bounce at the same time.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.