tesa Softprint® 52220 PV1 Sleeve Master
Foam plate mounting tape (hard) for printing solids & halftones
Product descriptiontesa® 52220 Softprint Sleeve Master is a double-coated foam tape, designed specifically for mounting thin photopolymer plates of thickness 1.14mm (0.045") or 1.70mm (0.067") in wide-web film and paper flexographic printing, on machines with sleeve technology.
The hard foam makes this the ideal solution for printing solids and halftones.
- Highly compressible foam, with superior recovery for excellent print quality
- Long lasting recovery characteristics for extended and high speed print runs
- Low thickness tolerances for quick print preparation and reduced waste
- Tailored adhesion on open side to sleeve to avoid plate movement
- Sufficient bonding to plate to avoid edge lifting or plate movement
- Non increasing, controlled bonding power for easy repositioning and especially for easy demounting of thinner plates
- Very cohesive adhesive structure for demounting without adhesive residues
- The structured PP-liner prevents the formation of air pockets when plate mounting
- Blue colour marking indicates the hard foam
Main applicationstesa® 52220 Softprint Sleeve Master is a 500µm (20 mil) double-coated foam tape, designed specifically for mounting thin photopolymer plates of thickness 1.14mm (0.045") or 1.70mm (0.067") in wide-web film and paper flexographic printing, on machines with sleeve technology.
Type of adhesive
Type of liner
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.