PDF – 37.1 kB
Product descriptiontesa® 54335 combines a strong PET layer with an extra thick acrylic adhesive sealer. This product is optimised for the automotive industry to cover unused exterior holes that require excellent paint anchorage, perfect sealing and best stone chipping protection even under harsh outdoor conditions.
- Reliable corrosion protection as e.g. punch burrs will be securely sealed by 800μm adhesive layer
- Excellent stone chipping protection even at lowest temperature
- High temperature resistance up to 160°C
- Very good paint and UBC (PVC) compatibility
- Reduces and absorbs noise regardless of the hole size to enhance the acoustic comfort while driving
- Secure adhesion on painted substrates and on reinforced plastic substrates in automotive lightweight constructions, e.g. CFRP
Main applicationstesa® 54335 is especially designed for permanent covering of exterior holes that are directly exposed to the environment. It can withstand stone chipping and seals holes securely against water leakage and corrosion. Due to the unique etched PET backing it's suitable even for A-class surfaces.
- After e-coat where a good compatibility to UBC (PVC) and sealant is required, e.g. car body platform, wheel houses, engine compartment
- Before paint shop where good paint compatibility is essential
- At the assembly line for exterior hole covering on all car body areas, e.g. pillars, rocker, front/rear floor
Type of adhesive
Type of liner
Adhesion to steel
UBC / Paint Compatibility
Additional Infotesa® 54335 can be supplied as standardised die-cut rolls in these dimensions:
30mm circle or square
40mm circle or square
Customer specific dimensions can be delivered according to customer requirements and applications in either roll or sheet form.
tesa’s automation and application solution department provides customised equipment and self-designed application tools to enhance productivity.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.