The Junior Accountant requires a variety of accounting work to be done by applying generally accepted accounting procedures (GAAP and IFRS) in the preparation and maintenance of accounting records; including but not limited to: general ledger journal entries, account reconciliations, account analyses, year-end audit support, purchasing card activity and cash balance reporting.
What you will do:
- Prepares account analyses for assigned accounts as directed by the Manager, Finance and Accounting by the 15th of the following month and processes the appropriate adjusting journal entries by the 20th of the following month.
- Prepares and enters monthly journal entries as well as other adjusting entries as deemed necessary by Manager, Finance and Accounting
- Processes Accounts Payable invoices for tesa Plant Sparta and tesa tape inc in SAP ERP
- Resolves issues with invoices and works as liaison with vendor and purchaser
- Maintains the Tagetik Lease system
- Sets up new leases
- Maintains/edits/corrects existing leases
- Reconciles lease accounting balance sheet accounts
- Census/Government reporting
- Maintains database of required reporting
- Files reports on a timely basis
- Provides analyses for the year-end audit as deemed necessary by the Manager, Finance and Accounting.
- Alerts supervisor to potential internal control deficiencies.
- Reviews and processes purchasing card transactions.
- Performs other projects as deemed necessary.
What you will need:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Associates Degree with two years accounting experience.
- Ability to work productively and focused to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Excel experience required.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled